The Framar pool was a part of the original purchase of Framar house from Dr. and Mrs. Frank Reichel in 1946. Adjacent to the pool was a picnic area where students could grill and eat outside. The pool was a popular hangout for students and was a great place to tan on summer days. 1 Today, the area is home to an outdoor basketball court. The picnic area still stands but is not as popular as it was in the past and is no longer home to grilling or summer activities.