University of Mary Washington Then & Now

A Photography Exhibition

Posts in the Commuter Student Services category

Originally named Ridge Crest, Marye House was constructed in the 1910s as the President’s residence, but over the years its purpose has varied.  It has been used as a student residence hall, the Spanish house1, and is used today as the Office of Residence Life and Commuter Student Services, Judicial Affairs and Community Responsibility, and the Dean of Student Life.

Marye House Now

Marye House, 2014
Carly Winfield, "Marye House," March 21, 2014, Personal Collection of Carly Winfield, University of Mary Washington.

Show 1 footnote

  1. William B. Crawley, Jr., University of Mary Washington: A Centennial History, 1908-2008 (Fredericksburg: University of Mary Washington Foundation, 2008), 11.