University of Mary Washington Then & Now

A Photography Exhibition

South Hall is a small co-ed first-year residence building located on the south end of campus behind Jefferson Hall and alongside Framar House. It houses 32 students and was completed in August of 1988. 1. In the late 1990s, the dormitory was the unofficial home to the Psi Upsilon fraternity brothers and in 2006, was one of the only four air-conditioned buildings on campus. 2

FhaAxd-bdfka_Wrso9djnSRAxT_WF-m5ttS4nwb8HY4

South Hall, 1980-1989
"South Hall," 1980-1989, UMW Archives, University of Mary Washington

RLdTuMJPdHkTtOYUl3obFCBKOLtlqmOlp034dLwg5UR4mj8YuovZu_UKKFJSqTS2Fw=w1165-h456

South Hall, 2014
Jessica Reingold, "South Hall," February 19,2014, Personal Collection of Jessica Reingold, University of Mary Washington

Show 2 footnotes

  1. William B. Crawley Jr., University of Mary Washington: A Centennial History, 1908-2008 (Fredericksburg: University of Mary Washington Foundation, 2008),375
  2. Ibid., 683.

css.php