University of Mary Washington Then & Now

A Photography Exhibition

Marshall Hall was built in 1960 and is a 144 bed residence hall. The building was named in honor of Mary Willis Ambler Marshall, wife of the esteemed Chief Justice John Marshall. Located at the bottom of “Marshall Hill”, below Russell Hall, Framar House, and South Hall, it is considered one of the more secluded dorms on campus. 1

Marshall then

Marshall Hall
"Marshall Hall," n.d., UMW Archives, University of Mary Washington


Marshall Hall, 2014
Jessica Reingold, "Marshall Hall," February 19, 2014, Personal Collection of Jessica Reingold, University of Mary Washington

Show 1 footnote

  1. William B. Crawley Jr., University of Mary Washington: A Centennial History, 1908-2008 (Fredericksburg: University of Mary Washington Foundation, 2008), 82.